January 11, 2006

HAPPY NEW YEAR FELLOW ALIENS!

Ahhh, 2006!

It has a nice even feel to it and I hope my suspicions are correct and this year brings to all of you a sense of balance and return on investments both material and emotional.

Just as I did last year, I will renew my commitment to keep up my blog. I am back from a glorious, well-deserved three week vacation and ready to pounce on the issues that get me all hot and bothered. There is a lot to discuss- Crime and poverty admist staggering wealth in Trinidad and Tobago where unbridled capitalism has gone haywire; CSME; spirituality, religion and fundamentalism; women's issues with men and each other; advertising and the professional world here in the Caribbean; SEX SEX SEX and of course loads of cartoons.

I want to thank those of you who have been reading and commenting on the blog. Your comments and encouragement even criticism is encouraging. Keep up the good work and I'll try to do the same! To all my fellow bloggers, dear friends and accomplices- Nicholas, Michele A, Sue Ann, Vonetta, Michele B, Spec, Melvina, Tisha, Nazma, Jonathan and everyone else, I wish you all PEACE, FREEDOM and above all else LOVE for 2006!

2 comments:

Elspeth said...

Greetings from Venus, Alien. May 2006 also bring you many bright constellations and shooting stars.

Anonymous said...

OMG, love the cartoons, Jessie! haha I need to start a blog for my temporary residency here in Trini. Hey, I might be the only white girl on my block, but I am damn sure feeling Trini. Everyone has been so nice to me here. Thanks, Jessie! :)